I love IP Tables....

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Tue May 29 17:20:40 UTC 2007

El Martes, 29 de Mayo de 2007 07:30, David G. Miller escribió:

> Unfortunately, I know quite a few idiots who own computers.  They don't
> want to spend the money or take the time to learn how not to get
> infected by malware of whatever type.  I set them up with Spybot or
> something similar and the next thing I know, they've turned it off
> because it interferes with the latest free toolbar or dancing gerbils
> they want.  I tell them why they need it and they don't want to hear it;
> they just want their dancing gerbils.  SIGH.

The thing here, from my point of view, is the fact that your hobbies do not
have to be the same ones as the rest of your friends or whoever.
I do understand people who only use the computer for basic things such as MSN
Messenger, Word and to check their emails.
Do you really think they should know about security? IMHO, No.
I drive a car, yes, but I'm not interested in more than that, actually.
I guess lot of people would blame me because I don't look after my engine when
changing gears, for instance. What I wanna mean is that me, you and most of
the human beings do not take care or pay attention to things they're not
really interested in. Don't mind whether you agree or not, this is the way it
has been and this is the way it's gonna be.
So if you still think a 70-year-old woman with white hair who wants to send
and email to her niece living in another city is resposible of not-knowing
about viruses and malware...good for you.

Just my opinion.
Cheers
Manuel

--