Improving the Internet (X - Re: I love IP Tables....)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 30 15:23:27 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 17:32:45 -0400,
  Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net> wrote:
> Tim
> > If .com was *only* ever used for
> >commerical use, and using .com was enforced for commercial use, and we
> >had something else for personal use, we could blanket delete all .com
> >originating mail, and still receive all our non .com mail from our
> >personal friends.  ;-)

This really wouldn't work well. You can do the equivalent using a white list
in any case.

> Several years ago, I concocted the notion of '.per' addresses (for
> 'person'). I searched for someone to tell, but didn't know enough then
> to know where to look.

You probably need to bribe ICANN staff to make this happen. Based on the
last time they were publically accepting bribes to introduce new TLDs,
$50K just got them to accept a copy of your proposal for review. Expect
to pay a lot more under the table to actually get approved.