Fedora Core 6 HUGE problem

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 30 14:53:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 21:58:17 +0100,
  Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> nvidia : I recommend MOST STRONGLY to not install the official installer. The
> reason being is the official installer overwrites the standard GL libraries.
> Once you have done this it is practically impossible to go back to the OSS
> driver. Luckily both atrpms and livna supply kernel module RPMS for the the
> nvidia drivers, that work around this problem.

Use rpm -Va to finc out what is out of sync, rpm -q --whatprovides to find
out which package owns those out of sync files and rpm --force -U to reinstall
them.

I have been playing with this after an FC5 to F7 upgrade to clean things up.
I had some extras and livna stuff installed and that probably didn't help
the upgrade process.