FC6's module-init-tools broken?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed May 30 18:57:33 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:
> >
> > I forgot to add:
> >
> > Subsequent updates to FC6 have created a bug where some drivers no
> > longer load during the boot process. If you need to reload your
> > drivers append the modprobe command(s) to /etc/rc.local.
> >
> I would think a script in /etc/sysconfig/modules wold work better
> for any modules that are not auto-loaded.
>
> Mikkel

The driver for my sound card is already in sysconfig/modules.
Following a series of kernel and other updates it does not load when
the system is started/rebooted . The work-around that works for me is
to uninstall and reinstall the driver in rc.local. I have submitted a
bug report; and, as far as I can determine, the developers are
pointing fingers at each other and saying the equivalent of "I didn't
do it" and "It's not my fault".