from FC7-test to FC7-final

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Wed May 30 20:04:56 UTC 2007

enrico marello wrote:
> Hi all,
> it's a month that I'm running without big problems a FC7 test4.
> Tomorrow will be the great day, so I have just switched enabled from 0
> to 1 for official repos and from 1 to 0 for development repos. That's
> all, right?  (obviously including a yum update...)
> Only a doubt: I read in the announcement that "It is highlighted by
> the elimination of the distinction between Fedora Core
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core> and Fedora Extras
> <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras> entirely; there is only
> Fedora". This change won't affect the repos, right? Because I can
> still see in my repos list fedora-core and fedora-extras.
> Cheers, E.

The repo directories have changed just a bit, so you may need download
and update the fedora-release rpm before you do a yum update.

For example:

/fedora/linux/releases/7/Everything/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml

See the difference?  This is NOT an issue if you are just using the
mirrors.  If you have added fast repos close to you, then the directory
structure will not match.