How can I get Evolution's Spam Filter to Work

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Wed May 30 23:43:55 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Robert Locke <lists at ralii.com> wrote:
> Check under Edit-Preferences/Mail Preferences/Junk Tab/Check incoming
> mail for junk.  If you want spamassassin to filter, that needs to be
> checked.  Just be forewarned that it does slow down the "retrieval" of
> mail....

Slow I can handle, but I can't even get slow.
"Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Junk->Check incoming mail for
junk" is checked, as is "include remote checks."

Spamassassin is installed, via rpm dependency. This is a new install,
so I don't understand why this seems to work for others but not for
me.

Does anyone know of a way to check a log to see if Spamassassin is
actually getting run. In my experience running Spamassassin on
servers, Spamassassin adds headers to emails it checks; I don't see
any added headers to my emails.

Shouldn't this be a simple install and run type of use case scenario?

Thanks for the ideas so far.