I love IP Tables....

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu May 31 06:34:56 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007, jdow wrote:
>From: "Norm" <maillist at sios.ca>
>
>> Les wrote:
>>>     There are basic skills necessary for life in the modern world,
>>> such as taxes, driving, and computing among others that are poorly
>>> addressed by our schools.  Not just in the US, but world wide from
>>> what I can tell.  How will that change by passing a law that
>>> persecutes people for ignorance when the folks responsible for
>>> removing ignroance don't have the basic knowledge required?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Les H
>>
>> Ignorance - a crime against humanity,
>> have to admit it has a bit of a nice feel with it.
>
>And the school systems will not let people who DO have the skills teach
>because they do not have the system's precious education credentials.
>
>Go figure.
>
>{^_^}

Naww, no figuring required Joanne.  We've both 'been there, and done that,
probably even bought then tee shirt' and when we got through beating some
basic principle into somebodies head that should have been taught at the
school they did attend 15 years back up the log, its amazing how often, once
the light above their head does come on, that they will then ask "Why the
hell aren't you teaching someplace, no one ever explained that in terms I
could understand before".

Sure, just go right ahead and try to get a teaching certificate with an 8th
grade education and a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks.  They'll laugh
until they wet themselves with that one.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)