Better window management strategies?

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Thu May 31 16:28:29 UTC 2007

Alexander Boström wrote:
> Also, I've bound the + key on the numeric keypad (close to the mouse!)
> to "raise lower". If the active window is partially obscured by any
> other window, it's raise to the top of the stack. But if it's already on
> the top, it's pushed to the bottom, behind every other window. This is
> very useful:

Hmm, that's more what I'm looking for. I'll give that a whirl.

Hey, thanks again to everyone for the great ideas.

I did an install-upgrade to F7rc4 this week, and in the process of that
noticed that my desktop config (held over since about FC2/3 now!) was
waaay behind the default setup. Also, I found that I had ~150M worth of
accumulated dot-file-cruft, some from 1993!

After trashing or archiving/removing almost all of that, and letting
gnome re-build my desktop from scratch, I find that the app window menus
actually work now!

I'm making progress, so thanks again.

<Joe