Post Install Booting Problem

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:58:39 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothing seems to stick out there.
>
> I can post my grub line if that will help.
>
> root (hd0,1)
> Filesystem type is ext2fs partition 0x83
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
> [linux-bzimage, setup=0x1e00, size=0x1c9dd4]
> initrd /initrd-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7.img linux-initrd @ 0x37c8b000, 0x3649db
>
> --
> -=/>Thom

Edit grub.conf, remove "rhgb quiet" from the kernel... line, reboot,
and see what is holding up your system. You can also press the "a" key
at the grub boot prompt and enter any or all of these options:

ide=nodma
apm=off
acpi=off
vga=normal
nosmp
noapic

Since you have not provided this list with any of your hardware
specifics this all that I can give you.