Problem with networked installation with rescue image

Hans Nieser h.nieser at xs4all.nl
Thu May 31 23:08:52 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I am experimenting with different Linux distributions and after having
tried Gentoo and Ubuntu, it is now Fedora's turn.

I wanted to do a network install following the installation guide at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/sn-which-files.html
and so I downloaded the rescue boot image.

However once I get past the point where I enter the FTP server info to
fetch the files from I am getting an error. I can still see that it
succesfully downloads images/stage2.img, but right after that I get an
error saying "Unable to retrieve the install image." and on tty3 I see:

19:45:46 ERROR : LOOP_SET_FD failed: Device or resource busy
19:45:46 ERROR : Error mounting /dev/loop0 in /mnt/runtime (Device or
resource busy)

I don't really know how to proceed. I asked around in the IRC channel but
noone could help me with it. I guess I could just try getting the bigger
ISO images and do a local installation but I'd like to figure out what is
going wrong here first before I move on to those.