Kernel Bug? - Was [Yum is hosed on x86_64 system...]

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 1 12:00:50 UTC 2007

Ubence Quevedo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My system was having some problems before [see below message], but now I
> am getting the below message anytime I try to do anything on my system:
Hat types of anything ? {eg move mouse ?}

> [pulled from /var/log/message]
> Oct 31 04:02:43 f7-64 kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------
> Oct 31 04:02:43 f7-64 kernel: kernel BUG at mm/memory.c:972!
> Oct 31 04:02:43 f7-64 kernel: invalid opcode: 0000 [32] SMP
I don't pretend to know about fault finding that. But for a giggle, I
would be interested to know if rpm works, and if rpm -Va gives
reasonable results - ie only known config files changed.

Which kernel is this with ie the version-release ?

If you choose to boot the earlier kernel, does it run without the problems ?

DaveT.