samba & selinux

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 2 06:39:03 UTC 2007

McGuffey, David C. wrote:
> Have had an interesting time getting samba to serve up files on F7.
> After doing a lot of rftm and tinkering, it will share test files in
> /mnt/winxp_data for both localhost and remote windowz boxes on the LAN.
> However when I remove the test files (created with 'touch') and mount an
> ntfs partition, I get an selinux error. From the error I deduce that the
> selinux type for winxp_data is fusefs_t, and it needs to be
> samba_share_t.

I expect it will work when you find the magic incantation of the mount
command. I think you need to override the context.

This is how I mounted an ISO so I could serve it from Apache:
/var/local/mirrors/linux/ScientificLinux/5.0/SL-5.0-050407-i386-DVD.iso
/mnt/SL5 iso9660
ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,loop,context=system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0
0 0

That's all one line

--

Cheers