Problem finding devel rpm for procps

info at boer-software-en-webservices.nl info at boer-software-en-webservices.nl
Fri Nov 2 12:31:46 UTC 2007

Hey list,

I was trying to compile a program that a friend of mine made, and it
requires the library and headers of procps.
I could find a number of RPM packages from other distributions, as well
as debian packages that also
contain the headers, but I have yet to find a fedora RPM that has
these.My friend runs debian and can compile
this the program just fine. There is a procps-debuginfo package, but it
does not have all the header files I need.

Another thing I noticed (unsure if it's just my setup though), when I
try to compile my program, it does not
find libproc. However, when I look in my /lib directory, I can find
libproc-3.2.7.so. Symlinking this to
/lib/libproc.so does work though.

Anyone a solution for this, or do I have to get the files from another
distro? (I sure hope not)

Regards