Bug filed on openoffice-writer 2.3.0 problem with Landscape Printing

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 3 22:24:09 UTC 2007

> > > ----
> > > of course it doesn't make sense to you - that's why you filed the
> > > bugzilla.
> > >
> > > I suppose that if you have any curiosity, you'll figure it out and close
> > > your bugzilla entry.
> > > Craig
> > Or you could stop being snippy and explain it to me. Just imagine if the answer to every
> > question of the Fedora List was "if you have any curiosity, you'll
> > figure it out"
> ----
> I think I gave you the recipe above - rather than test it out, you post
> again. It wasn't intended to snippy beyond the obvious thought that you
> could at least try it on your own.
>
> In consideration that you don't understand the difference between page
> layout and document format consider a 'Presentation' document with 20
> slides. In your view, each slide would necessarily have to be on
> separate pages.
>
> If you choose 'Format => Page => US Letter / Landscape' and then in
> Print => Properties choose to print 4 per page in Landscape mode, you
> get 5 pages with 4 slides per page.
>
> Craig

In order to understand each other we have to be talking about the same
thing. I was discussing File->Printer Setup -> Properties
and you are discussing File->Print->Properties.

Nothing would stop you from choosing Landscape under either of these
Properties tabs. Then you could go to File->Print-> Page Setup and
choose 4 pages per page. Why should you have to go to Format-> Page at
all?

Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>