kernel-2.6.23.1-10.fc7

Stefano Cavallari stefano at cavallari.cjb.net
Sun Nov 4 17:28:57 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 November 2007 17:14:05 Pierre Lamb wrote:
> This kernel will not boot on my laptop (EVO N620C) it
> hangs on "Uncompressing Linux" even with pnpbios turn
> off
>
> kernel-2.6.22.9-91.fc7 works great

> http://mail.yahoo.com
Try to boot the kernel without the "quiet" option and see if you get any
useful message.
Then to see  if the issue is acpi related (happened to me in two laptops with
some older kernel) try "acpi=off". Not sure of it though.
If you don't know how to temporary change boot options see this:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/03/21/using-grub-to-overcome-boot-problems/

Hope this helps :)