Fedora+KVM, any docs showing networking ?

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Mon Nov 5 03:55:48 UTC 2007

I'm  a tad stuck here, looking for help..  Do any Fedora users out there
have pointers to Fedora specific docs (examples?) on KVM and
networking ? I'm F8 but will take F7 docs.

My situation..

I have a KVM'ed OS that cannot communicate with the outside world,  I
understand this is because unlike Xen, KVM does not automatically
configure 'bridge networking'.

None of the Fedora docs (including beats) show any references to setting
up KVM networking and simple list "use  qemu-kvm".

Upon running 'qemu-kvm' it complains with :

open /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
Could not initialize KVM, will disable KVM support

And when I attempt to load my network device as a bridge device I get :

Bringing up interface eth0:  Bridge support not available in this kernel

So I'm referring to the qemu docs for help but so far I'm finding Ubuntu
specific docs and I'd rather like to get this working sooner rather than
later.