ever migrate from Fedora to Scientific Linux or CentOS?

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Nov 5 15:17:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 17:47 -0500, Paul Johnson wrote:
> We have lots of Fedora systems and it is turning out to be too much
> work to keep them up to date.  I have to rebuild a lot or RPMs when
> the kernel is updates, and that is getting to be a hassle.  If I could
> do a major system update every 18 months or 2 years, it would be fine.
>  The unexpected bug introduced by frequent updates (much less
> re-installs)  have lost some of their charm for us.

If you like RPM based installs, and you like the work Red Hat have done
around Fedora, why don't you reward them for it?

You can get RHEL for less than a buck a day:

https://www.redhat.com/wapps/store/catalog.html

See the Basic subscription for RHEL two sockets or less.

In doing so, you are funding Red Hat, and Red Hat pays many hundreds of
F/OSS developers.  You get updates, bug fixes, new versions of RHEL when
they come out, and so on.  Everyone wins.

Just my two cents.
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, RHCI, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?