Beryl issue - no title bar on windows and can't start beryl

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 22:19:19 UTC 2007

Phil Meyer wrote:
> Sudheer Satyanarayana wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I clicked on the beryl-manager icon to launch it. I selected beryl
>> window manager and the desktop froze. The keyboard would not function.
>> I had to restart the computer by pressing the power switch on CPU.
>>
>> Now when I can't launch beryl manager to switch back to another window
>> manager. When I try the desktop freezes. The blue color title bar is
>> missing on all windows. Therefore, I can't access the minimize,
>> maximize and close buttons. I can't resize any windows either. There
>> is no beryl-manager icon on the tray.
>>
>> How can I fix this problem? beryl-manager was working before. It has
>> been a long time since I used it. I don't know what happened to it now.
>
> if you can get a terminal open:
>
> $ metacity --replace &
>
> Will fix the problem.
>
> You can do this from the failsafe login if you have to.
>
> Good Luck!

It is still broken for me in rawhide. I just run metacity as described
above and save th settings. Occasionally I'll check to see if it works yet.

I have a Radeon Integrated Graphics.
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility U1

--
Truth will out this morning.  (Which may really mess things up.)