Please 'leak' Fedora 8

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Nov 5 23:10:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Alan Cox wrote:

> One of the problems with the torrent protocol is that its hard for a well
> meaning ISP to actually proxy it and become a local source for their
> clients.

To proxy a torrent, means non-discrimatory proxying, meaning it will proxy
a file regardless legal or not, and the fact it would proxy illegal
content is very grey area in law in many countries, in this country, it
could be seen to be providing a ISP hosted copy of illegal content, and
the laws that currently protect ISP's here from what their users do, may
become void and we'd be screwed over in courts.

There are some ISP's in this country that are now using and some soon to
be using such p2p proxying hardware, so I guess sooner or later the legal
status in that regard will I'm sure be challenged in the federal court.

--
Cheers
Res