what happened to my drawing

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Tue Nov 6 22:22:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 18:10 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2007, Craig White wrote:

> >> Will yum install something different than the updated RPM's?  I did the
> >> install from the applications - add/remove software already.
> >
> >----
> >The yum install openoffice.org-draw was to satisfy Gene's diversion,
> >which he trumped with the notion that he installed the OOo rpm's,
> >discussion of which makes his commentary 100% irrelevant but what the
> >hey.
> >
> What I was saying is that it is also missing from the OOo-2.3.0 release from
> OpenOffice.org.  If they are no longer maintaining it, then it stands to
> reason that the fedora rpms might not have it if and when they get to the
> 2.3.0 stage.
----
openoffice.org-draw isn't missing from fedora packages, it's just
packaged separately. I don't know what the packaging looks like from
OOo. Since OP and I don't use OOo's packages, it isn't germane to the
discussion. OP stated he was able to uninstall/install
openoffice.org-draw...subject closed.
----

> >I haven't used openoffice.org-draw very much but haven't had the
> >experience you found but I got the impression that the suggestions made
> >by Joe Smith are more to your solving your issue. Lately I've been using
> >inkscape.
>
> There was, IIRC fairly recently, and article I read someplace because Inkscape
> had been taken back private, no longer gpl'd.
----
link ?   diversion ?

I thought I would have heard about that since Ted Gould is a member of
the Phoenix Linux Users Group.
----
> Lambasted them I believe was
> the terminology used.  I had it installed for a while and what it did, it did
> very well, but in my case, printer formatting was at best, broken.
----
It's hard to use object oriented graphics when you live in a bit-mapped
world.

Craig