Please 'leak' Fedora 8

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Wed Nov 7 00:32:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 09:09 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 12:36 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > I am pretty sure it took about 1.5 hours or so to do the install, but
> > other than that it went OK.
>
> That was an updating install over the top rather than a fresh install?
> If not, I haven't seen an install take that long since I had to go
> through a multi-CD install (they're not a quick medium, even without
> disc swapping).
>
> By comparison, I've observed that network or local hard drive installs
> take from around 15 to 25 minutes, on average.

Fresh/clean install.  And the last couple versions have been like this.
And they are taking little over an hour to install, and that was for
around 868 or so packages.  Also an NFS based install via boot.iso and
the DVD.iso.

BTW, that is on a 2.8Ghz 1G Memory system.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"