Canoscan N640P in FC6

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 22:11:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 06:44 -0500, Gary Waters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was given a canoscan N640P scanner and simply cannot get this thing
> to work in Fedora core 6. I've googled until my mind turned to mush. I
> found considerable info on configuring sane with this unit, and
> followed everything step-by-step, but to no avail. The unit definitely
> works in XP. Any clues, pointers, rain dances, astrological forecasts,
> or even Nostradamus quotes regarding a solution would be greatly
> appreciated...

Nostrodamus asks, "Is it SCSI, Parallel or USB?"
Since I already channel Kurt Vonnegut Jr. and Hunter Thompson, ole
Nostros grabbed a piece of my brain too, to ask for clarification.

What you may not have done is open the lid after invoking sane. It'll go
lurch-lurch and be ready to scan. My HP refuses to scan unless I open
and shut the lid at times, especially if I put the picture in, then
crank up sane after. I did all that you did, beat myself up, brain
turned to mush, etc. Then discovered this "feature". A grown man crying
is a pitiful thing to see. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar