yum: How to downgrade openoffice 2.3 to 2.2.1?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 02:27:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

With yum I recently upgraded to openoffice 2.3 from
version 2.2.1. This new version is a disaster (see below).

Can I downgrade back to 2.2.1 with yum?

Thanks,
Rob.

The problem with the new version of OOo:
 I have large documents with lots of formulas.
 Editing a single formula takes 20 to 30 seconds
 to open the formula editor (with 2.2.1 this took
 less than an eye blink).

 Of course, openoffice is to blame here with this
 miserable release. There is a fix upcoming but
 that takes too long (probably mid December
avaliable).

 My work depends on openoffice; hence I want to
 downgrade back to 2.2.1.
http://mail.yahoo.com