alfresco installation?

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Thu Nov 8 02:50:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 21:34 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i may be misreading stuff badly, but i don't see how it's even
> *remotely* possible that alfresco, out of the box, is going to install
> on fedora 8.  check out the "start_oo.sh" script that's installed and
> is invoked when you try to start alfresco:

	I don't run the script.  I get the war distribution called
'alfresco-community-war-2.1.0.tar.gz'.  It's located at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=143373&package_id=157460&release_id=524558

	I untar'd it... and the rest is described in my message.
	I hate that so many java applications out there have to install their
own jdk.  Thankfully Alfresco comes with a raw .war version that can be
installed into an existing tomcat/jdk environment.
	The only thing my description does not do is start OpenOffice on
bootup.  I figure a simple startup script should fix that.  I have run
the headless mode manually in a separate login session and it works fine
communicating to it.
	So, Alfresco does run on F8's (and F7) Tomcat as long as you get Sun's
1.6 jdk/jre.

				...Jeff