hp dv9500, remote howto?

Jorge Boscan Etura joretur at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 14:47:00 UTC 2007

well inthat case KDE should have the same feature (maybe beter), so
instead of mapping alt-X for ejecting th cd/dvd, use one of the IR
keys, right now mi v6000 is at HP for rma (wifi stoped working), if
you want to see the IR key codes do an init 3 and then press the
romote key and see it, in X theres also a command for setting this but
im not shure is xset, check it out, ill write back once mi hp comes
back.

regards.

On Nov 7, 2007 1:31 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jorge Boscan Etura wrote:
>
> > I have an v6000, it doesnt need lirc because the remote goes directly
> > to to the keyboard so, to use the IR keys use the key mapping in
> > gnome.
> >

> Thanks.  I'm using kde.  Any ideas on this?
>

> > On Nov 4, 2007 7:14 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I am running f8rc3 on my new hp dv9500.  It has an ir remote, but I have
> >> no
> >> clue how to get this working.  AFAICT, I need to configure lirc.  So far,
> >> can't even tell what device this machine is using for an IR receiver.
> >> Any hints?
> >>

> --

[Jorge J. Boscán Etura]
quando omni flunkus moritatus