F8 Upgrade

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Nov 8 19:54:17 UTC 2007

Chris wrote:
> I did 2 upgrades. One at home on my Sony desktop, the other - here on my
> Compaq nx9010.
> Both went well. On the lappy though, my claws-mail refuses to function
> with this error:
>
> claws-mail: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.5.so: cannot
>
> For now, I installed Sylpheed and exported to mbox to incorp to use
> Thunderbird. I really hate mdir, and would prefer to go back to claws,
> Anyone?!

Just out of curiousity try finding the location of that file, add it
into ld.so.conf and re run ldconfig.  (As root of course)

That fixes a lot of those problems if the file is not in a directory
that ldconfig knows about.  If it's really missing, however, then you
have a problem.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support