Network install FC7

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Nov 8 20:28:00 UTC 2007

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 9:25 PM -0400 11/1/07, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> One possible problem, this is an Athlon processor (K7) and I can find
>> distributions for i686, x86_64, and pcc, but none for i386 (the RPMs say
>> i686 in the 386 directory), or for Athlon. Because FC8 works, I assume
>> this is configuration rather than needing a different build.
>
> AMD K7 is i686.

No. See "man gcc" for the athlon and i686 targets. Or the kernel "make
menuconfig" list of processors types. The i686 build may well work on
athlon, but since I have never had this problem before, I thought it was
worth mentioning.

In any case, the problem seems generic after FC6.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>