How is my wireless connecting if I haven't set the WPA on Wireless

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 9 08:09:19 UTC 2007

Ben Kevan wrote:
> I have never set my WPA Key in any configuration after installing FC8.
> How the hell is it connecting?

Unsecured network?

> This can't be right? Also I don't even have a place to configure my
> network connections (kde).

KDE's network manager did it for me (sort of) on OpenSuse10.2.

It didn't remember the password, and only worked when logged in, and
network mangler doesn't comprehend the idea of the computer being a
gateway between wired and wireless networks, only one can be up at a time.

I've not had the chance to see what Fedora or EL does.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait