long wait...

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 9 16:59:21 UTC 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 19:51:14 +1030
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> In the dim and distant past, I'd tried upgrades, and spent ages ironing
> out the bugs.  Later, I did fresh installs, and spent a much lesser
> amount of time customising the new install.  Apart from the time, this
> seemed to be the differences:  One is just re-configuring, the other is
> sorting out all the problems that aren't handled by the update process.

It looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and install from scratch if
I want to put F8 on this computer.

I fired up the update process again last night just before 2am.  It's now
almost 11am the following day and the screen was still at the exact same place
that it got to on "resolving dependencies" when I left it last night.