I would like Just a bit of advice about Fc8?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Nov 9 15:59:04 UTC 2007

Hi all;

I should know but I haven't gotten it clear in my mind.  I am going to
download Fc8 in the next couple of days and I am not sure whether to go
for i386 or x86_64?

I have an AMD Athlon 64 x 2 Dual-Core processor on a ASUS M2NPV-VM
motherboard on a desktop with a small household LAN .  I am not heavy
user of data bases etc.  I am mainly a SOHO type user, with ordinary one
person requirements.  I.e. OpenOffice, Firefox etc.

Previously I have been told (maybe here, maybe somewhere else) that I
will get better usage as i386 until the applications for x86_64 are in
better shape.  I have been watching the to-and-fro-ing regarding i386
and x86_64 on this list regarding Fc7 over the last few months.

So, I am just looking for a bit of advice about which would be the most
appropriate for me, and people like me, to install; Fc8_i386 or Fc8_x64?

--
Regards Bill