Selinux fun

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Nov 9 20:10:55 UTC 2007

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

    There is no label problem and that I will address as time allows. I
plan to re-label all three systems next week. They will all have system
specific names. The problem I had was that I saw the panel that selinux
put up and it said these listed files have not been allowed, but I
checked and they are all there. I was not ready to field the panel that
came up. I will turn selinux back on soon.

    I have had zero problems with my F7-64 system which has selinux
turned full on.

    F8 has been all a good experience and it appears to be at least a
fully updated F7 in performance. I was able to get the stuff working
that I need in a home operating system. It reads all my USB things and
it has VLC working like it must since I get a bunch movies from friends
with Windows. So my Linux must be as good as Windows.

    So in good time I expect to shift my daily computer work to F8.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User