f8 install fails on Dell Inspiron 530

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:00:06 UTC 2007

The workaround for a problem I had installing f7 on a
Dell Inspiron 530 desktop no longer works with f8.  Sadly,
it worked with f8t3, so I think something was broken in the
mean time.

The "irqpoll" addition to the boot options no longer seems
to help.  My install pauses for several minutes saying
brings me to the next menus, every key I press on the keyboard
happens twice and I can't make the selections I want.  Even
if I could, I suspect the delay loading the ata_piix driver
will prevent me from installing like it did in f7 anyway.

This system is happily running f8t3 updated as of last
week.  It even says f8 werewolf.  But I can't install f8.
The pathetic thing is that this system was shipped
with Ubuntu and can't install Fedora.

My original post to this list with my f7 experience is here: