f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 9 23:16:52 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> John Summerfield wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> There is no point in using nm-applet in runlevel 3. nm-applet is a
>>> GNOME frontend for NetworkManager.
>>
>>  Rahul
>>
>> How about, instead of saying, "That's wrong," you say, "This is how
>> you do it?"
>
> I would and I have done that several times before or pointed out more
> references which explain things in detail. I don't get the impression
> that it is getting through much.

In this thread? I've never thought NM ready for use, so I generally
ignore threads dealing it. I joined this one because it's been running a
while. A link to some how-to info in this thread may have informed me.

Who's Chuck Morris anyway? I didn't find that useful. What I want to
know is what works now.

--

Cheers
John