f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 10 06:31:31 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:

>>> That's not exactly user documentation, I'm not surprised it doesn't
>>> get much attention.
>>
>> Nobody said it was user documentation so don't assume it is. It is a
>> feature specification and a development plan for developers and works
>> well for that audience.
>
> I as asking for user documentation, because you kept on saying, "That's
> not how to do it," without offering advice on how it should be done.

I was telling anyone how not to do it. Just clarifying some
misinformation (ie) NM is not tied to a desktop environment.

>>> ps those two bugs seem fairly critical to me.
>>
>> Which two bugs?  I have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> Oh, read the artical you pointed to above. Click the "documentation"
> link. Read to the bottom.

Right. This is why it isn't activated system-wide yet.

> It's pretty rude to ask a question, then to duck out. Besides, we
> haven't fixed the problem yet afaik.

If you have any problem, I haven't seen you specify it yet. If you are
talking about OP's problem I will let them speak for themselves really.

> You really should look up upstart.

I know what it is and if you read about DBus activation you will
understand the response better.

Rahul