"error unmounting /mnt/source" while installing F8

kendon no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sun Nov 11 13:18:37 UTC 2007

got the same problem as you for the first try. after reading this i started the installation again, deselecting all software packages. anaconda startet the installation, formated my /boot (glad i had it planned to do that and had a copy) and /. next was an errormessage telling me it couldn't read some .rpm, retry or exit. retry didn't do anything, exit told me that my system probably wouldn't boot now, which it didn't. grub came up because of the empty /boot. flipped in the ubuntu-livecd and spend about ten minutes before i noticed i had to execute grub as sudo... now my ubuntu (and xp&vista i guess) work again, what do i do with the fedora-dvd? i burned it on a nearly-new dvd-rw, i guess i'll give it another try with the media check.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=217044&topic_id=46938&forum=10#forumpost217044
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame trenchtown at gmx.de.