What are the neat new RPMS to install in F8?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 20:22:15 UTC 2007

I did a yum upgrade from F7 to F8.  No difficulties at all, to my surprise.

But, what am I missing in the F8 experience?

What are the good new RPMS in F8 that might have been installed if I
did a fresh install?

Example. In an upgrade from F6 to F7, I did not get ccache installed.
Only later did I learn about it and experience its truly wonderful
power to accelerate tedious compiling projects.  Are there neat
packages hidden in the F8 distro that an upgrade would have missed?

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science