long wait...

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Nov 12 06:12:01 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:28:37 -0500
Claude Jones <cjones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> I was having the same problem. I decided to update my two
> machines on F7 using yum. Both went off without great
> complications overnight. They both have 'issues' this morning,
> but they seem fairly trivial, so far.

I decided to bite the bullet and did a scratch install of F8 x86_64 on this
computer.  The format and initial installation took only an hour or so.  I've
been copying data and putting Humpty Dumpty back together again ever since.

The only three things that I have left to do are to compile Scribus (the one
that's included in the F8 repository is 1.3.4 which is the development version
and not recommended for production work),  set up LTSP so my terminal will
work again, and figure out how to make the plugins work with this new Firefox.
I see that I have only NPAPI Plugins Wrapper and GCJ Web Browser Plugin at the
moment.  I did install the Livna mplayerplug-in rpm so I wonder what happened
to that...