How to get mail to local destinations delivered?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Nov 11 13:23:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 11:26 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> This is total overkill for my actual requirement (which maybe I
> should have stated at the outset), I simply want mail to root on my
> Fedora machine to get sent to me rather than having to become root to
> read it.  No other mail is sent or read on this machine.

Just edit /etc/aliases file and change the below lines..

#root:	marc

root:	chris

(Or replace chris with whatever username that you use on that same
machine.  You don't need the @domain.com part, just username if it
belongs on that machine)

Also, run the command "newaliases" as root, after editing it.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"