Fedora 8 Games Spin - Feedback Requested

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Nov 12 14:15:04 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> One of the custom spins of Fedora that didn't get much attention because
>>> of the late addition is the Fedora 8 Games spin. This custom version of
>>> Fedora 8 from the games special interest group in Fedora includes tons
>>> of free and open source Linux games in a installable Live DVD. You can
>>> download it from
>>>
>>> http://spins.fedoraproject.org
>>>
>>> More information is available at
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/GamesLive
>>>
>>> Download and check it out. Any feedback is most welcome.
>>
>> I didn't really understand this.
>> Are the games available as RPMs in the normal way?
>
> Yes they are but this is a Live DVD with a lot of games you can try out,
> redistribute or install to a hard disk or USB easily.

Sorry, Rahul, I still don't really understand.
Surely if one runs a Live DVD then one is not running Fedora
on the computer proper (ie on the hard disk)
so how do you install one of the games if you like it?

I would have thought a simple DVD with Fedora games on it
would be easier to use.

I can see that a Live Games DVD would be quite a nice thing
to show a Windows user what you can do in Fedora.
Is that really what it's for?