Eclipse 3.3.0 In Fedora 8

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Mon Nov 12 17:37:21 UTC 2007

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> When I start the tutorial -- I think it is the Workbench tutorial --
> in Eclipse, as an ordinary user and on a freshly installed machine
> with a complete yum update, I get this error message:
>
> Error 500 class org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet does not
> implement the requested interface javax.servlet.Servlet
> Request URI=/help/index.jsp
>
> As this is on a freshly installed Fedora 8, Tomcat and httpd are
> turned off, maybe I need one or both?
>
> I'm not really sure if I need to install Sun Java.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> Bob Cochran
> Greenbelt, Maryland

Using chkconfig to turn on, and then starting as services the following:

jetty
httpd
tomcat5

in reference to Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 on x86, still does not get the
Welcome --> Overview --> Workbench Basics help to work.

However, I can at least code a HelloWorld type program and compile and
run it in Eclipse.

Bob