Live Spins

R A Jon Hamelin jon_hamelin at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 12 19:08:12 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:34:57 -0800
> R A Jon Hamelin <jon_hamelin at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> I have had bad experiences with torrents and
>> will not use them again.
>
> What's wrong with the torrents?  I downloaded F8 that way the other day at a
> very healthy pace.

  Hi Frank:

A little over a year ago I downloaded a file - 4.3 GB - from what I
thought was a safe site. After installing the program, my computer
rebooted by itself and all hell broke loose. I no longer had a
functioning BIOS. In addition it wiped my hard drives. Checking with the
site in question, I discovered that the file should have been 3.8 GB.

In my opinion bit torrents are a security issue. Having lost 3 days
worth of irreplaceable photos from a commercial shoot and the contract,
it was an expensive lesson for me.

sincerely,

--
R A Jon Hamelin