wpa_supplicant and f8

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 12 21:30:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 20:33 +0000, Mike C wrote:
> Aaron Konstam <akonstam <at> sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
> > > wpa_supplicant start" during boot - but it does not work for me.
> > Then it is probably an error in the order in which things are started by
> > the ckconfig systm. Change the order and it will probably work.
>
> I would tend to agree with you Aaron - however I tried the "trick" that did work
> well in F7 i.e. change 12 to 09 in the file /etc/initi.d/wpa_supplicant at line:
> # chkconfig:   - 12 88
>
> However in F8 this change did not work for me.
>
> I would love to hear of an alternative suggestion that will get this working?
Well that should work from your symptoms. I would check that the links
in rcn.d (n = 3 and 5) are changed correctly. After you make the change
in the file, I think you would have to go through a cycle of turning it
off and then turn it on using chkconfig in order for the links to made
correctly.

Maybe you did that.
Hoping to goodness is not theologically sound. - Peanuts
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net