OT: Request for Help Desk / Ticket System software.

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Tue Nov 13 10:54:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 21:47:52 +1100
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > I'm looking for some Help Desk / Ticket System for Fedora. If
> > possible , this system should not be dependent on email addresses.
> >
> > Ones I have worked with REQUIRES an email address for a user
> > requesting help. This is not functional when end users call in an
> > issue and do not have email addresses.
> >
> > Any idea would be greatly appreciated!
> otrs.
>
> a ticket can be created from phone call or from{/to} email.
>
> custom reports are a bit tricky.
>
> in fedora.
>
> DaveT.

I have worked w/OTRS (I liked that app) however, there wasnt a way
(that I could find) to create a ticket without it searching LDAP (one
key field in the DB is the smtp) and requiring the need of the a valid
email address.

Perhaps it does work *IF* you don't tie in LDAP for the credentials of
the users that actually do the work.

--
Best regards,
Chris