upgrade F7 to F8 problems

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Nov 13 14:06:43 UTC 2007

Claude Jones wrote:

>> Ubuntu makes upgrades easy. Why doesn't Fedora? After all, Red
>> Hat/Fedora are not the new kids on the block.
>
> I can't say, But, I can say that they are improving, and I think the issue
> is being talked up a lot among the developers - at least I see some
> indications of that from time to time on various other lists and web pages
> I chance upon.

Well, it doesn't seem to be improving, by all the postings here.
(I actually had no trouble upgrading, as I mentioned.)

I read the anaconda mailing list,
and I must say they appear to spend 99% of the time
discussing erudite points that don't seem to me to matter at all.

I'd love to see them choose a Mission Statement like:
"To allow Fedora to be installed as simply as possible
on as many systems as possible."