Evolution keep prompting keyring password

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 13 14:40:51 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 13:14 +0100, Simone Marchioni wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
> Yesterday I installed Fedora 8 from the i386 DVD (clean install), and
> updated the system.
> After reboot I configured a pop3 account in Evolution and it worked well.
>
> Today after the gnome login I launched Evolution and it continue asking for
> the keyring password I never initialized. Tried to type my user password and
> leave the password empty but it didn't worked.
>
> Any idea?

Did you click: Remember passwd, after entering it.
"Every group has a couple of experts. And every group has at least one
idiot. Thus are balance and harmony (and discord) maintained. It's
sometimes hard to remember this in the bulk of the flamewars that all of
the hassle and pain is generally caused by one or two highly-motivated,
caustic twits." -- Chuq Von Rospach, chuq at apple.com, about Usenet
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net