NCFTP and IPV6.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Nov 13 19:14:32 UTC 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:

>>> I thought ncftp had died. I used it as far back as my OS/2, but about
>>> ncftp 3.x I think it was it was changed incompatibly and became less
>>> useful to me.
>>>
>>> These days I use lftp as my preferred ftp client. I think it's part of
>>> the default set.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I have to ask.
>>
>> How does that being to answer the OP's question?  I mean it doesn't even
>> say
>> that lftp does what the OP wants.  Some folks may consider that answer
>> almost as bad as a poorly formed question.
>>

> I'm sure Bill will ask for clarification if he needs it.
>
> I don't know whether it does IP6 because I don't use IP6 and don't even know
> where to go to test it. However, Bill's a capable fellow and well able to
> install it and try it.
>
> Functionally, ncftp and lftp do a pretty similar job.

Hi, John and Ed,

      John: I also started using ncftp when i was Warped, and loved it.  I
still do.  If you don't  use IPV6, you should.  Poke around at
www.aarnet.edu.au and grab a tunnel.  It's fun!  If you're interested and
need help, just yell.

Ed:  My reaction to John's post was identical to yours, but I know what to
expect from him after all these years on the list.  I guess I have a
fondness for him because we were once OS/2 users. <grin>

--
           Bill in Denver