Error Initiating system-config utilities

Raj Swaminathan rajshyam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:20:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just freshly installed Fedora 8.

When i tried to run, system-config-user or any of the other system
utilities, i got a "Bad Interpreter : No such file or directory "

I noted that this was becoz  /usr/bin/python did not exist. So I installed
python2.5 in /usr/local/bin/python and created a symbolic link to this
location.

However now when i run system-config-users, i get libuser module not found
...  the modules are currently in /usr/local/lib/python2.5

Could anybody please help me figure out how to get the system config
utilites working ?

Thanks,
raj