NCFTP and IPV6.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Nov 14 01:09:42 UTC 2007

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wrote:

> Hi, John and Ed,
>
>      John: I also started using ncftp when i was Warped, and loved it.
> I still do.  If you don't  use IPV6, you should.  Poke around at
> www.aarnet.edu.au and grab a tunnel.  It's fun!  If you're interested
> and need help, just yell.
>
> Ed:  My reaction to John's post was identical to yours, but I know what
> to expect from him after all these years on the list.  I guess I have a
> fondness for him because we were once OS/2 users. <grin>

Yeah, and my reaction to his 2nd response was...  "Gee, I think Bill is
smart enough to find other ftp clients and give them a try.  If Bill was
looking for alternative to ncftp he would have asked that question."

But, that's just me.  :-)

I never was exposed to OS/2.  My exposure to computers started at the
"mainframe" level of a 360/10, followed by PDP-10, and then Control Data 6600.

--
"Serve 'em right for not inviting me to their weddings."
        -- Ridcully contemplates the Trousers of Time