F8 hangs randomly

Hans Bergström hans.bergstrom at textra.se
Wed Nov 14 13:59:42 UTC 2007

I just installed F8 on a desktop. Unable to boot installation DVD with
SATA drive connected. After hot_plugging in the drive when kernel is
loaded it works fine, installation a breeze, first hangup during
postinstall and it then hangs randomly, both in Gnome and in TTYx, (more
often in Gnome). It just freezes and does not respond to anything but
power On/Off reboot.
Same symptoms when testing Kubuntu 7.0.4 by the way
My configuration:
ASRock 775Dual880-Pro, Intel P4 3,0 GHz, 1GB DDR 166 MHz, ASUS EN7600GS
silent PCExpress (nVidia GeForce 7600GS),  2 hdd: Fujitsu MPE3136AT
(13.6 GB IDE) and Western Digital WD 3200AAKS (300GB SATA II jumpered to
SATA I), onboard network and sound. One PCI-board: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
DVB-T.
Any ideas out there? Grateful for your help!

HansB