F8 and Maple11 or 9.5

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:10:50 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter <rdieter <at> math.unl.edu> writes:

> Mike C wrote:
>
> > My previously working copies of Maple 9.5 and 11 which were working quite
> > happily in f7 don't load in f8.  I presume I am missing a library
> > somewhere - does anyone know which package is not present in f8 (that was
> > present in f7) that I need to install to get these apps working again?
>
> Can't install or can't run (once installed)?

 Rex

These were installed under F7 and all the files are in a partition that was not
touched during f8 install. The user icon to run them remains in the
pre-existing desktop for the users.

In the past I know I needed the compat-libstdc++ packages and these were
duly installed in f8. Also I know in the past I needed the libXp package
and I installed this also.

When the icon is double clicked on the desktop the bobbing icon sits on
the desktop for a minute (kde) and then vanishes.  In the past this has been
an indication of a missing package. But since there is no remnant in the logs
I don't know how to identify which!